Mar 15, 2011

Shopping Haul

As of late it is so hard to resist the temptation of shopping.

First there' s Primark. Where you could get impossibly cheap quality stuff, especially handbags and accessories at such a bargain.

Then there's the endless sale at H&M.

Not to forget awesome online website shopping that offers quality stuff at crazy cheap price and if that isn't enough, there's free shipping to boot!

It has turned me into a savvy shopper (at least, I like to believe that), into a cheapskate even.

Nowadays, show me anything bearing the price tag of over 20 Euros, I'd dismiss it as expensive. If the temptation is high, I would contemplate on buying it, but normally I would walk out the store, or close the website's window, and sleep on it for a couple of days, going back and forth through all the necessary train of thoughts, whether I really want it, whether it really suits me, whether I would actually wear it, how many outfit can I get out of that single item, before finally deciding if it was a good investment or not. See, such a good shopper I've become. Hehe.

Let's talk about the free shipping. Oh man, it's crazy. Anyone familiar with the dilemma of online shopping would know that that could lead to a potential disaster just for the sake of saving a few bucks on shipping cost; most of the time, only the first item is the actual bargain, and we should have stopped there.

Now if I really like an item at Asos, I don't have to wait and watch out for other item just so I could ship them all together and save on shipping. Select the right color and size, toss it into the cyber shopping basket, and click pay. Walla. In about a week or so, it'll arrive at your door. If you are not sure of the size that you should take, because sometimes it depends on the style of the cloth itself and its fitting on your body shape, then you can just buy it in two sizes. When it arrives, you'll have the luxury of trying both sizes at the comfort of your own room, where you can pair it with the right shoes, scarf, handbag and even accessoires. Then you can decide which size fits you best. The one that doesn't, wrap it back up, and drop at the nearest post office. Because the cost for returning it is already inclusive in the free shipping. Asos will credit your return item back into your credit card. As simple as that. How cool is that?

And then after a few days of pondering about the other item that you wanted the other day but wasn't sure, and now deciding that it's worth it after all, well no worries, just click buy because hey, the shipping's free, you can have Asos send you ten different stuff in ten different packages! Of course, there's the environmental issue here that you have to bear in mind....

Suffice to say, I've shopped quite a lot lately. Without busting my bank's account.

Let's see the latest additions in my wardrobe in the last two months at a little of over 50 Euros. ;)

I got this ruffled top in black instead because this shade of purple is unflattering for me I guess. This one is at 15 Euros (14,93 to be exact).

This is a longer version of the previous top but with the ruffles at the back so it'll pretty much look as if you have grown a pair of wings, ruffly chiffon wings which I thought was kinda cool! This is at 15 Euros too (=14,69).
This cute babydoll top is still on its way. A latest addition to my lace collection (I have two pairs of them so far in my closet which will make this one the third). I think I'd pair it with a bright-colored long sleeve shirt on the inside, say fiery red or something. This is slightly pricey than the first two, at 15,74 Euros.

This one is my favourite! Bought it in two sizes as dresses like this can be tricky at the hips, for me, at least. It was a good call, to order two sizes. Because my butt would have a problem squeezing into the normal size I'm used to wearing. And oh, one more thing I've realized when shopping at Asos. Always take a size bigger than you would normally wear. Seems like it is made slightly smaller than usual. Or is it because I've gotten fatter? Nahhh (in denial state). I like everything about the dress, the material, the cut, the animal print design that isn't too in-your-face. Bringing it to Spain. Hopefully the weather will be warm enough for me to pair it with a gladiator sandal. Yes, I'm taking the chance of wasting the space in my small suitcase by bringing a pair of sandal. This dress is at 15,74 Euros.
For footwear, thanks to Tasha, I've came to know the existence of this super awesome website Nelly.com. The sandals, wedges and heels are to die for. Can die even more looking at the price tag. Gila murah weh! And the quality, my goodness, better than those at H&M. It comes in a sleek black box, and each pair of your shoes is lovingly wrapped in a glamorous black dust bag. Each pair of them! I'm hooked. I'd put a picture of its boxes someday. Even though this one above is slightly higher than the height I'm used to wearing, but man, it's comfy. This one is at, guess what, 12,90 Euros. But ya la, you have to bear the shipping cost of an extra 4,90 Euros. Still a bargain overall to me.

Spring should have been here in full blast by now. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment