Feb 9, 2011

Spring Teasing

Been delaying about starting an outfit blog. Not a fashion blog. Because I don't consider myself fashionable enough compared to the other fashion bloggers out there. Including those very chic hijabis who make playing dressing up with scarves and looking chic at the same time seem so effortless.

Then I came to my senses in which I see that there's absolutely no point in trying to keep of with other people's fashion senses. Or maybe, I found another reason to counteract my reasoning which stem from my fashion insecurity.

Reason numero uno : There's no fashion police waiting to judge what I wear everywhere I go even to run errands at the grocery store. I ain't Britney Spears y'all.

Reason number two : I love dressing up! The smell of my closet opening up before me, each individual pieces presenting the potential of a perfect new ensemble when combined with specific other items. Ahh... I love that part.

Reason number three : I've came to realize that as of late, I'm more confident to experiment with different styles and looks. Keeping an outfit blog will be a perfect way to sort of document the journey. It'll be fun to look through the blog next year and see what I've worn during the past year.

Reason number four : There's no better time to start something new than the new year, eh? It's not technically so new anymore but..it's only February.. So I'm a month late, big deal..

Reason number five : Eh why so many reasons? ust start already.

So here's the outfit that I wore on the day the sun first shine in this tiny place called Gelsenkirchen after what seem like an eternity of gloomy winter. I was going for the flowery spring look, but decided to tone it down with black and wait for when the spring is really here to go out full force with the prints and bright colors.

Pictures are taken with my humble digicam and some of them with my laptop.



Top : F.O.S
Skirt : Juliet's Closet
(Say whaaat? Really. Hehe. It's from the little business project I had last summer and has been on hiatus ever since I got back to Germany.)
Scarf : Westrags
Necklace : Primark


My gaze looks lost in these pictures because I keep looking at myself in the mirror or at the laptop screen.. I wanted to get the pose and the angle right but I ended up looking like a giant narcissist! I swear I'm not, just a part-time one. Note to self : Next time, look into the camera instead! Oh and my mirror definitely needs some polishing. -.-'



1 comment: